Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Lights... Camera... Live?

Today I really did have fun at Funimation! My mentor, Justin Rojas, told me that today was not a typical day. It certainly seemed like I entered right into the middle of the hustle and bustle! After a quick introduction to Funimation, I helped set up the room for the "Marooned on One Piece Island" marathon that begins at 5pm tonight and continues until Saturday evening. It was really hectic around the building since the project was OK'd to go yesterday.

After I helped Justin set up the room for "Marooned on One Piece Island", there were a few meetings that I attended and a few that I couldn't attend. During the ones I couldn't attend, I talked with other Funimation employees and learned about their jobs. I really enjoyed the meetings I was allowed to sit in on. It was very interesting and informative to see what was being discussed.

I was really surprised about how many meetings Justin had; during the five hours I was at Funimation, he had four. I had no idea how collaborative marketing was. As Senior Manager of Social Strategy and Development, Justin had to sit on meetings that I didn't think his department was involved with. I learned that there is a lot more that goes on backstage, such as business dinners and relationships with fans. I also learned about various departments at Funimation; it's not as straightforward as I thought a mere six hours ago. I learned so much today and I'm eager to see what happens tomorrow!
The Funimation Entertainment building in Flower Mound, Texas.

Some friends and I catching up in the entrance of the Funimation building.

All of the DVD's required for the One Piece Marathon.

The room where the One Piece Marathon will be taking place.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I get to study for exams while you host One Piece marathons. My jealously is palpable....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait until you hear what happened today...! :P

      Delete