Friday, May 17, 2013

The Final Hooray

I walked into Funimation for the last time (for a while) this morning. I knew where to go and how to get there; I knew who the people in the offices were and where to find people. In such a short amount of time, Funimation has become a familiar place.

I had two meetings in the morning: one with Kat of media purchasing and one with Cheree of brand management. I learned a ton about media purchasing from Kat; before this morning, I didn't even know that was a job. I learned that she is the person that analyzes statistics from sites such as Google, like what advertisement positions were working and which ones weren't. It's all very complicated, yet Kat is so used to it, she could do it in her sleep! My meeting with Cheree was fantastic as well. I learned that the brand manager is in charge of how to market their product, what demographic they're targeting, etc. Brand management is a nice mix of the production side (deciding how to market the promotional videos) and the business side of Funimation.

After my meetings, I created a series of tweets for the Funimation twitter regarding Funimation events at Anime Central in Chicago. Check out my first tweet here! The following tweets will be posted at certain times over the next few days. I met up with Walter again and saw him make a 90 second promotional video into a 30 second Google advertisement. It was really cool watching him decide what should be kept in the video and how much thought went into promotional videos. It was a fantastic last day and I am eternally thankful to Justin Rojas and Funimation for this opportunity!

A gift from Cheree, one of the brands that she manages!

2 comments:

  1. Kianna, your experience souunds tailor made for you! It sounds as though you've had an exciting week, and I hope it has given you an idea about what you might like to do in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kianna, Sounds like a fantastic experience! Did you come away from it with a sense of what you're interested in? I know it's probably overwhelming at this point. Great job on your blogs!

    ReplyDelete